RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Each proposal should include:
1. A letter of intent addressed to:
The Better Schools…Better Jamaica Project
c/o The Marketing Unit
JTA Co-op Credit Union Ltd.
97A Church Street
The letter must clearly state:
- The name and address of the school, as well as the number of years of its existence.
- The name of the project.
- The name, telephone number, and email address of the person(s) who will be responsible for the management of the project.
- The total number of students who attend the school.
- The letter must be signed by the school’s Principal and Board Chairman.
- The school stamp must be affixed to the letter. Where there is no school stamp, the signature of a Justice of the Peace will suffice.
2. A complete outline of the project to be undertaken which should include:
- Photos where relevant, especially if a physical structure is to be constructed or renovated.
- A complete outline of how the project, if supported, will enhance the learning experiences of the student population.
- How the project will be sustained/maintained in the years ahead.
- A total (estimated) cost of the project. The cost must not exceed the maximum $1 million that the Credit Union will donate to the winning school.
3. Projects submitted for consideration must be those which can be completed by December 30, 2021.
Submission Date and Format
Completed proposals must be received at the Credit Union’s head office on or before July 15, 2021. Any proposal received after the deadline will not be considered.
Proposals may be sent in as hard copies or via email. If sent in as a hard copy, submissions must be delivered/mailed in a sealed envelope to the same mailing address as above. If sent via email, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Judging Criteria for Proposals
Each proposal received will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Percentage of teachers/staff in the school population who are members of the JTA Co-op Credit Union.
- Number of students who will be impacted by the implementation of the project.
- How the project will be sustained after its implementation.
- The clarity of the project proposal and details of the budget supplied.
- The coherence and succinctness of the letter of intent.
- The submission of a realistic completion timeline.